COVID-19 Operating Procedures
Below is a list of the precautions we are taking in our office to ensure we can continue to provide comprehensive Eyecare while keeping our staff and patients safe.
- We will not schedule appointments for any person who has symptoms of COVID-19, who is living with someone that has symptoms, who has been in contact with a confirmed case of COVID-19, or who has travelled outside of Canada within 14 days.
- Staff and Doctors will clean their hands before and after every patient interaction.
- Hand sanitizing stations are available at clinic entrances and must be used by anyone entering the clinic.
- Optometrists and staff will wear personal protective equipment (PPE) covering their mouth, nose, and eyes when interacting with patients and social distancing cannot be maintained.
- Anyone entering the office who is older than 2 years old must wear a mask.
- Every device or appliance that patients contact will be disinfected before use with the next patient.
- Optometrists and their staff will not present to work when ill with symptoms of infection.
- No initial (new) contact lens fittings are to be performed at this time (i.e., insertion and removal training).
- Automated visual field assessment must only occur when necessary, and with patients wearing a properly secured mask covering their mouth and nose.
- Barriers have been installed at reception, slit lamp, and optical tables to help provide protection in areas where staff will be spending more time with patients.
- Decals will be placed on the floor to direct patient traffic and ensure proper physical distancing.
- Telehealth will be recommended if in-person care is not required.
- Dispensing services (spectacles & contact lenses pickups) will be by appointment, and direct delivery will be used when it is appropriate.
We have two locations to serve you. Our clinics are located beside Lenscrafters.