COVID-19 Operating Procedures
Below is a list of the precautions we are taking in our office to ensure we can continue to provide comprehensive Eyecare while keeping our staff and patients safe.
- We will not schedule appointments for any person who has symptoms of COVID-19, who is living with someone that has symptoms, who has been in contact with a confirmed case of COVID-19, or who has travelled outside of Canada within 14 days.
- Staff and Doctors will clean their hands before and after every patient interaction.
- Hand sanitizing stations are available at clinic entrances and must be used by anyone entering the clinic.
- Optometrists and staff will wear personal protective equipment (PPE) covering their mouth, nose, and eyes when interacting with patients and social distancing cannot be maintained.
- Anyone entering the office who is older than 2 years old must wear a mask.
- Every device or appliance that patients contact will be disinfected before use with the next patient.
- Optometrists and their staff will not present to work when ill with symptoms of infection.
- No initial (new) contact lens fittings are to be performed at this time (i.e., insertion and removal training).
- Automated visual field assessment must only occur when necessary, and with patients wearing a properly secured mask covering their mouth and nose.
- Barriers have been installed at reception, slit lamp, and optical tables to help provide protection in areas where staff will be spending more time with patients.
- Decals will be placed on the floor to direct patient traffic and ensure proper physical distancing.
- Telehealth will be recommended if in-person care is not required.
- Dispensing services (spectacles & contact lenses pickups) will be by appointment, and direct delivery will be used when it is appropriate.
We have two locations to serve you. Our clinics are located beside Lenscrafters.
Office Hours: Mon-Fri 10AM-8:00PM
Shops on Don Mills
Office Hours: Mon/Wed/Fri/Sat 10AM-6PM